5 Primary Revenue Models
What is a revenue model?
Revenue model for a business is how an organization will earn the revenue; generate profits to produce return from invested money or capital. A revenue model is one of the business model components.
The five primary revenue models are:
1. Advertising: Charge fee from advertisers in exchange for advertisements.
2. Subscription: Provide useful content, product or services to the users and charge a subscription fee for it. Users are usually charged monthly or annually.
3. Transaction Fee: Create a platform where merchants can put their products on sale to the customers and charge a transaction fee per sale. Here the company acts as a medium between the merchants and the users.
4. Sales: Sell goods, information or products to the customers.
5. Affiliate: Earn fee for business referrals. Revenue is earned at a fixed rate per referral or is a percentage of the revenue from the sales that occur through referral.